It is our pleasure to announce the publication of the very first digest in Bangladesh for the students of university level, under the banner of Economics Study Center (ESC), University of Dhaka. The name of the publication is Bangladesh Students’ Digest on Economics and Development (BSDED) .
The publication will house the writings of the top economists of the nation and it will be enriched by their selected academic and research works and insightful findings. Students of the best universities of Bangladesh will also participate by contributing their research work, research ideas and individual viewpoints on particular situation related to the field of Economics. These research papers and essays will be evaluated and edited prior to publication by an Evaluation Panel consisting of experienced faculties from the Department of Economics, University of Dhaka. It is regrettable but true that such opportunities for enhancing academic intellect hardly exists in our country for the students of Economic discipline. With a view to fulfilling the existing void, this initiative has great potential for creating interest in the field of economic research and for instigating insightful academic debate. It is our firm belief that this platform will play a vital role in bringing out the brilliant economists from the promising young minds of Bangladesh and make a longstanding impact on the field of Economics.
1. Students of Hons' and Masters' level at any university in Bangladesh can participate.
2. Age should be within 25 years.
3. Every student must show their valid ID card after their submission is selected.
Rules and Regulations:
Go through this carefully:
1. The authors are advised to focus on the main issues covered by a theme with respect to Bangladesh and, not any narrowed-down issue or a case study. However, each author will have the freedom to decide his/her own topic suitable for the paper but it should be related to the development of Bangladesh.
2. The papers must demonstrate application of Economics knowledge in addressing the chosen issue relevant to his/her own country. Theories and models may be used in placing and analyzing the issue in the context, but the application is the key.
3. The authors are required to strictly adhere to the standard technical specifications of academic research papers.
4. The expected standard of the presentations takes into account that the researchers are students and hence the expected academic excellence and competency is at normal academic standards at undergraduate or masters’ level.
5. Format to be adhered to:
a) Font type: Times New Roman
b) Font size: 16 for section headings, 14 for sub-headings, 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
c) Bold and italic are accepted
d) Line spacing: 1.15
e) Document size:
For two categories-
Papers: Maximum 3000 words including the graphs, tables and references
Essay: Maximum 1500 words including the graphs, tables and references
f) Page numbers: bottom-right
g) Color: black and white only
6. Graphs, and charts, etc. should be included in an appendix and those should not be directly copied from screenshots of any other source. It should be at least reproduced and the author should mention the source.
7. The research can be qualitative or quantitative. Proper quantitative works are highly appreciated.
8. Language: English
All the works should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th July, 2016.
Two prominent economists of the country will be on the editorial panel.
This digest will also include papers, essays and interviews from the top economists of the country.
There will be further opportunity to present the selected papers
A review committee consists of the editorial board members from the faculties of the Department of Economics, University of Dhaka and executive committee members of ESC will send the feedback and select the papers and essays for publication.
Start your work!
Best of Luck
Backdrop Design: Mustahsin-ul-Aziz and Shahriar Jahin